Eduardo Falcon is a Film Writer with over 20 years of experience in different areas of the film, TV, audio drama and video game industries. Always a cinephile, avid consumer of TV series and born storyteller, Eduardo decided at age 14 to pursue a career in writing and filmmaking. His passions include history, mythology and genre stories. Eduardo has lived and worked in the USA, Canada and Mexico.
- Feature-length screenplays (so far 13 in English & 4 in Spanish).
- TV pilots, audio dramas & short films.
- Variety of genres (Drama, Horror, Historical, Sci-Fi, Thriller, Mystery, Action, Western, War).
- Adaptations to/from prose, stage & audio drama.
- 100 accolades at contests and film festivals (over 80 in the last 5 years).
- Production Grant Winner (2020 Region of Waterloo Arts Fund).
- Best Sci-Fi Winner (2019 Chicago Genre Screenplay Competition).
- Gold Prize Winner (2017 Hollywood Screenplay Contest).
- 2nd Place Overall (2019 Chicago Genre Screenplay Competition).
- 2nd Place Feature Screenplay (2018 Hollywood HorrorFest).
- 2nd Place Winner (2017 Porto Alegre Screenwriting Festival).
- 3rd Place Winner (2018 Write Brothers Screenplay Competition at the Canada International Film Festival).
- Bronze Prize Winner (2017 World Series of Screenwriting).
- Honorable Mention (2019 WriteMovies Horror Award).
- Quarter-Finalist (2021 & 2019 PAGE International Screenwriting Awards).
- Second Rounder (2018 Austin Film Festival).
- Top 20% (2017 Academy Nicholl Fellowships).
- Top 1% on the Red List by Coverfly.
- "Y2K Redux" (audio drama, Canada, 75 min.)
- "Another Snow White" (audio drama, Canada, 110 min.)
- "Dad's Ashes" (audio drama, Canada, 13 min.)
- "2 Strangers & a Foosball" (film, Canada, 30 min.)
- "Sleeper Agent" (film, Canada, 3 min.)
- "Dhampira" (film, Mexico, 10 min.)
- "Daniel's Daughter" (film, Mexico, 7 min.)
- "The Page" (film, Mexico, 30 min.)
- "4 Movement: Destruction" (film, USA, 8 min.)
- Short films screened at 30 film festivals around the world, winning 4 awards.
- Short films broadcast on TV in Mexico and on Cinemax & other cable networks in the USA, Canada & Latin America.
Translation, Localization & Quality Assurance
- English-language feature-length movies ("The Queen" & others).
- Spanish-language feature length movies ("La Primera Noche" & others).
- English-language TV series ("Criminal Minds", "Prison Break", "House", "Gilmore Girls" & others).
- Video games ("Tenchu: Shadow Assassins", "Cars: Race-O-Rama", "Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut" & others).
Cinema & TV Experience
- Hollywood big-budget film: Sound Assistant in a feature with Harrison Ford & Willem Dafoe for Paramount Pictures. The sound work was nominated for an Oscar.
- Mexican feature films: Assistant Editor in a highly-acclaimed movie nominated for a Golden Globe & Assistant Sound Editor in other movies.
- Third Assistant Director training at AQTIS (Montreal).
- Third Assistant Director in a Canadian film.
- Background acting in US & Canadian movies, TV series & commercials.
- Editor of variety & general interest series for Spanish-language cable in Canada.
- Writers room participant at Argos TV developing 2 drama series projects for the Latin market.
- Enneagram workshop participant (multi day training hosted by Sony Pictures / Columbia TriStar).
- Program Manager & Jury Coordinator at the Cancun International Film Festival & smaller events in Mexico.
Film School in New York (Ithaca College)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Cinema & Photography, Concentration in Film Production, Minor in Writing.
- Faculty Award winner (Valedictorian).
- Film Production Scholarship winner.
- 3.92 GPA (highest in the School of Communications graduating class). The Commencement speaker was Bob Iger, an IC alumnus & CEO of the Walt Disney Company (2005-2020).
- Worked in the Media Department at the IC Library, where one of the duties was to manage Rod Serling's personal video archive from "The Twilight Zone". Serling had been a professor at IC.
- Complemented studies with classes covering relevant aspects of the human experience: Cultural Anthropology, Sociology, Philosophy, Speech Communication & Languages.